lunes, 28 de enero de 2008

Inauguration of the Royal Drove Road Photo Exhibition


On Thursday 24 January we held the official opening in Plasencia of our photo/text exhibition concerning my 8 day/255 km walk across Extremadura.
The exhibition, entitled "Caminando la Cañada Real en Extremadura/Walking the Royal Drove Road in Extremadura", contains 62 photos & will be on display in Las Claras Cultural Center for 10 days. The photos & accompanying text, in Spanish & English, document my journey on foot through the following towns & villages in western Spain: Abadía, Zarza de Granadilla, Cáparra, Valdeobispo, Galisteo, Holguera, Cañaveral, Cáceres, Valdesalor, Puebla de Obando, Villar del Rey, Valdebótoa, Gévora, Badajoz & Olivenza.

In the near future the exhibit will be traveling to all of the cultural centers in the towns which I passed through during my trip. Many thanks to Lola Lucio (my wife!) for her endless patience & flawless translations of my text into Spanish & many thanks, as well, to Antonio Aparicio for his graphic design talent which made the exhibition what it is.

No hay comentarios: